Saturday, October 22, 2011

the best laid plans!

Day 3.....

I woke up in a grumpy mood......not the best way to start a Saturday.......to find out that we, or rather my dear children ( I did have to remind myself!) had over due hire DVDs..........I had planned to spend most of today's budget on LPG gas!
......I had been looking for these DVDs for a couple of days......found the disc's no problem!  Couldn't find the covers anywhere.......F finally mentioned that he had confiscated them for " being left around".  I had words with F...along  the lines of " could you not have noticed that they were hire DVDs both short term rentals!!!!!"
     I got the $30 for Day 4 and put it into my purse.......then went and took the DVDs back and got gas for the car. ( DVD fine $20, gas $20) ....then I went to get some perspective....outdoor window browsing
the farmer's market by the lake
then as it looked like it was going to "bucket" down with rain.....I went to a new community market.....not much there to tempt me.....except....for ...this bargain book for $2


My mood improved considerably by stitching this little flower......and I joined my husband for a drink at our local pub ( he was buying).  We had been watching dark thunder clouds roll across Ballarat from our windows at home.  I was tucked up stitching by the fire and really only noticed a bit of heavy rain.
     When we went for our drink, our local had been epicenter of a severe hail storm that had hit Ballarat.  The hail was 12-18 inches deep by the local" FairDinkum fish and chips" shop across the road. .......and I did not have my camera!!!!!
     This is a sight I saw earlier in the day when my camera and I were together.

Regards Karen.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the visit. I love your embroidered flower..I must get back to crazy patchwork. Too many toys and too much lying around being lazy or trying to sleep.
    Have just discovered how to print normal sized photos on my printer I have had for years and they are fabulous quality. No more having them done for me.
    I am not being super humble....those sit and sew girls leave me for dead at patchwork. But I am the queen of the stash.....which makes me a little ashamed.....LOL.

    ReplyDelete