Monday, October 24, 2011

$30 a day for 30 days

Day  4.....A day of rest...well sewing actually!

I just stayed at home..which meant I did not spend a cent!  Dinner was provided for from the freezer and fridge.
So I have a surplus!
Total today is $20.45
Day  5...Monday Monday,

Do you remember these..every mother and granny had one until the 70's...in fact I'm sure my mother still uses hers!

 This is mine..I keep it in the car to hold coins for the parking meters that are everywhere in town.
Now I am using it for my $30 a day stash.

Just think, sometime over the past few decades we have switched to wallets to hold our cash and our plastic bank cards.  We've all become so used to paying for things by debit or credit cards, that I have become a bit 'distant' from my money.  I'm paperless at the net bank...and its so easy to just buy something I want rather than ask myself...'do I really need this'?

Having a purse and seeing the money leave it......being able to see what money is left, has been a useful experience for me!

Money wise, today I had a $97 dollar dentist bill, $5 grocery for fresh vegetables for dinner....and $5 fast food for V as she had to go back to school after ballet for the VCE fashion display.

 Balance for today is minus$ 56.55!!!!!

Day 6.....tightwad Tuesday,

today was only bread and milk and that totalled $7...

So I am still  minus!  Now total is minus $33.55!!!


here is a Fabulous and Frugal tip to finish with....

I love this shampoo and conditioner...I love how clean it gets my hair with just application of shampoo....I love how shiny my hair looks after it has been washed......I love the smell......but.... at $15 a bottle it is an expensive shampoo and conditioner!  

As I have long hair..I use twice as much conditioner so run out of that more often....see the plastic cup at the back?  I found 2 what I thought were empty conditioner bottles in the bottom of the cabinet......empty being defined as unable to shake and squeeze anything out of the bottle in the shower!  By upending these 2 bottles like this I have gotten an extra 2 'condtions' out of them......I'm hoping to get more!  Usually I fill the bottle with hot water and accept a watery  condition and then toss the bottle!  By giving it time I've gained!

Regards, Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment